Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Montreal Steak Seasoning Vs. Dizzy Pig Raising The Steaks

Options
Cullum
Cullum Posts: 215
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Which one do you prefer. I have had good success with Montreal Steak Seasoning but I also like the Dizzy Pig products. Heard Raising The Steaks was similar. Your thoughts. 

Comments

• Is Dizzy Pig as salty as Montreal.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• BGE Convert
    BGE Convert Posts: 127
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Cullum if you like Montreal Steak Seasoning then you will love the Raising the Steaks Rubs.  Very similar but the ingredients used by DP are a step above what you normally get from McCormicks at the local grocery store or what you get from Tones (CostCo).  It is worth the extra money.  This coming from a person who makes his own rubs, pours over recipe books and tinkers with rub recipes.  Lucky for me that DP has shelf space at the Whole Foods near me in NOVA.  Also, I do not think that DP is as salty as the normal store bougt Montreal Steak Seasoning.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I prefer dizzy!!!
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    I use both,a lot and DP is diffenately less salty.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Jer_inva
    Jer_inva Posts: 109
    Options

BGE Convert,  If you are in NOVA have you visited the Dizzy Pig store in Manassas? Well worth the trip. Jer

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Dizzy all the way.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BGE Convert
    Options
    @jer_inva.  I have not yet.  I know during the fall they had an eggfest.  I have heard good things but have not made it out there yet.  I live in Reston so it is just far enough away to where I would say....nahhhh.....maybe next weekend I will check it out.