Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pre-Super Bowl Ribs

JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 196
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

I won't be watching the Super Bowl at my house so I thought I'd make some ribs last night (and practice posting a few pics).

I did find out that it's a little different trying to get the Egg going in a wet, heavy snowfall...

"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA

Comments

• Here are the baby-backs with some yeller' and Dizzy Dust.

"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • Once I got her going it was business as usual. No surprise there.

Even had some time to build a snowman! Her first ever!

• I foiled the ribs for the first time ever (and won't do it again). They tasted amazing but they were a little over-done for me. I"m not a fall-off-the-bone kind of guy. But due to the weather and roads I had to leave them on a little longer than I would've like to go pick up my wife.

Wife and daughter still loved them.

image  image

I even saved the meat off a couple of ribs to put in some ABTs I'll be doing (along with a pork loin) at my buddy's.