Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

seasoning wok

Options
bamafan62
bamafan62 Posts: 137
edited February 2012 in Off Topic
Got my wok from CGW today.  Followed seasoning instructions.  On the third seasoning some of the oil pooled at the bottom.  It created a "sticky" feel where the oil pooled.  I tried to remove the "sticky" oil.  What I accomplished was removing two layers of the seasoning.  You can see where I rubbed off the two layers.  I just noticed the walls of the wok look a like the seasonings is not a solid color.  What do I need to do if anything.

Thank You,
Phil

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Not to worry.  After 10 cooks, your wok will be black as spades. Just remember to heat the wok to a high temp before adding your oil, then swirl the oil around the sides before putting your ingredients in.  It may not be as stick free as it will be soon.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• bamafan62
    Options
    Thank the Lord!  I had no idea how I was going to start over!  Hope to do my first stir fry tomorrow!

I checked your web site.  My wife and I have spent the last 5 summers in the Tetons!

Phil