Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

So the neighbors dropped by..

MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,898
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
..and so far they've brought:

1- bag of BGE lump
1- bag of Jack Daniels chips
1- jar BGE sauce
1- square holed grill "wok"
1- grill glove
2 - lbs local boar sausage (shot and ground by neighbor)
2- lbs venison sausage, as above
1- bottle of scotch

... seems I never have leftovers!  Thanks, BGE!  Pizzas tomorrow!!
8-D
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• Those are the kind of neighbors you don't mind cooking for. All of that and some good conversation and you've got yourself the best evening ever.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    Keep the Jack Daniels chips sealed tight or they just become oak (?) chips....... I think those are oak casks.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Guessing the bottle of Scotch is to marinade the "guests"....

Cookin in Texas
  • Keep the Jack Daniels chips sealed tight or they just become oak (?) chips....... I think those are oak casks.
    Think so too...  Are they supposed to smell like Jack?  They don't, near as I can tell..
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,872
    Is the house on the other side of them for sale?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    Keep the Jack Daniels chips sealed tight or they just become oak (?) chips....... I think those are oak casks.
    Think so too...  Are they supposed to smell like Jack?  They don't, near as I can tell..
    Yep.. But if hole in bag or  not real sealed they don't.... Now, do you get any flavor in the smoke from the smell ????????????????????????????? But it is cool to smell the chips in the bag and think you will get something extra...
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    Wow...I need neighbors like this.  The only thing my neighbors bring is their appetite.

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,650
    Must be great to have good neighbors. I've been in our new house about 2 months and have not met mine and have only seen the ones on one side. Oh well, at least they don't bother us.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Must be great to have good neighbors. I've been in our new house about 2 months and have not met mine and have only seen the ones on one side. Oh well, at least they don't bother us.
    I would call the police. With your egg going as  much as the posted pictures show, they are dead friend.