Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Dry Pulled Pork and Brisket that Pulls...Help.

Royal CoachmenRoyal Coachmen Posts: 156
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I cooked a brisket the other day and when took it off the egg...it pulled like pulled pork. This was only the second brisket I've cooked. (I screwed the first one up by purchasing a corned beef brisket...mistake) Any idea why this would happen? It was also rather dry...It didn't slice nicely live I'm used to seeing brisket slice.

Now I have cooked pulled pork 5-10 times and it has turned out pretty good 70% of the time. The other times it turns out dry...like my latest batch. I cooked the pulled pork (2-3lb) for 6 hours at 225. I wrapped it in foil with my wrapping mixture and let it rest for 30 before placing it back on the egg for another hour at 250. Then I took it off and pulled. It was tasty...but BOY was it dry.

Thanks guys and gals.

Comments