Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5lb chuck roast

Bakeman
Bakeman Posts: 113
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Smoked a 5 pound chuck roast today. Started with some hickory ( my favorite) had a drip pan with some Cabernet and water. 275 dome temp cooked for 10 hours to a internal temp of 205. Pulled off and rested for an hour. While resting the meat I made a pan gravy out of the drippings and the cab. I had to add more water and cab. The roast melted in your mouth and the gravy was great. My wife said that if I roll over during the night and she is not there she is downstairs drinking the gravy. Nothing better than the Egg.

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Sounds great. I've got to learn how to make gravy. I understand from an academic standpoint, I just need to put it into practice. 

Oh yea, pics or it didnt happen.  :)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Bakeman
    Bakeman Posts: 113
    Tell me how to post pictures. I am electronic iliterate.
  • I had to open a photo bucket account. It is free. You upload the pictures into your account and then once you have them in, move your mouse over the pic.

A box with like 4 choices pops up. One is Direct Link. Click that box, and it copies the link.

When you make your post, over on the right side at the top, it has a choice of insert image, click on it. Delete all that is in the box. Left click in the emty box and paste.

The address of your pick will be placed in the box. Choose submit. That should be it.

I couldn't attach a file at the bottom, it just set forever saying uploading, but never did.
    "I'm to drunk to taste this chicken!" - Colonel Sanders. Memphis, TN
  • I am a fan of the roast in the egg myself. It was my first long cook. Happy Egging!
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    edited January 2012
    I had to open a photo bucket account. It is free. You upload the pictures into your account and then once you have them in, move your mouse over the pic.

A box with like 4 choices pops up. One is Direct Link. Click that box, and it copies the link.

When you make your post, over on the right side at the top, it has a choice of insert image, click on it. Delete all that is in the box. Left click in the emty box and paste.

The address of your pick will be placed in the box. Choose submit. That should be it.

I couldn't attach a file at the bottom, it just set forever saying uploading, but never did.

Or you could just click "attach a file" and then choose the pic from where you have it on your computer....photobucket helps with posting from iPhone/iPad, but is not necessary to post pics on the forum. Not sure why that wouldn't work for you...
  • I tried for a while and it would not do it for me. I have to use a mobile hot spot for internet. Mabe it could be causeing my trouble.

Live in the sticks.

Anyway, I can upload in seconds to photo bucket, but not at all by attaching a file..
    Could be operator error I guess.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    If they uploaded quickly to photobucket, it's not your Internet....not sure why it wouldn't upload to site using the built in "attach a file".

Maybe Bakeman will have better luck...
  • Hope so. Your right, it will be a lot easier that way.
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    I attach files from my android phone with no problem. I just use the attach a file tab
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Another fail for iPhone...I can hit the button but when choose file comes up, there is nothing to choose from and the button is dead.