Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh Cod wrapped in banana leaf

Options
Elmer Fudd
Elmer Fudd Posts: 65
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

Fish was great last night - and makes for a nice presentation.

Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini

Comments

• TxAg93
    TxAg93 Posts: 124
    Options
    Looks tasty and moist. (*)
  • cpilot1
    cpilot1 Posts: 10
    Options
      What temp and time do you cook for, I eat a lot of Cod and Haddock.
  • Elmer Fudd
    Options
    The cod was really good and yes most.  Ran dome temp at about 400 and cooked 25 minutes - seasoned plus poured melted butter and lemon inside the pouch.  The neighbors were quite impressed with both the flavor and presentation.  Give it a shot - had to get the banana leaves at an asian market. 
  • Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I hate the word moist.

Bad childhood experience? :D

Fish looks nice. Do the leaves add a flavour? Do you still get any of the charcoal taste?
  • Elmer Fudd
    Options
    The banana leaves didn't provide flavor and unfortunately (sad to say) the charcoal flavor didn't get into the fish as the banana leaves were pretty thick. Sort of defeats the purpose of the egg. The upside was presentation, keeping the fish intact vs throwing on the grates and the fish was very good. Next time I will not make the pouch so air tight and find a way to get the charcoal flavor into the fish, maybe just slice many openings or vents in the banana leaves.