Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

heart heathy

Options
daveshannon
daveshannon Posts: 4
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
looking for heathy things to cook an the egg.any good ideas?i had a heart attack 4 years ago so i try to eat heathy.

Comments

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Salmon.....any seafood really, almost any veggie, and skinless, boneless chicken or turkey breast are the first that come to mind
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I think carbs are the biggest culprit.  As MQ said, seafood, certain veggies, and boneless chicken would be good.  But, I would add lean pork and beef.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options

My wife is a personal trainer so she is very selective with what she eats from the Egg.  She has me cook a lot of the following for her:  grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts, salmon, sea bass, turkey burgers (which are better than I thought they would be) and lots of green veggies.  Be very selective with your rubs and sauces as most contain a lot of High Fructose Corn Syrup.  She normally will use a dry rub with very little or no sugar. 

Salt and cracked pepper with a little bit of olive oil is all you need on veggies off the egg.  Brussell sprouts are my favorite off the egg this way.  Or you could add some balsamic vinegar to them as well.

Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY