Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fabulous halibut

burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
I've fished Alaska 11 times, most recently august 2011. We catch salmon and halibut. This time I came home with about 150 pounds of fillets. Salmon is easy to fix. Grill direct with alder chunks and DP and maple syrup.
Halibut is a challenge on the grill due to halibut having a lot less oil, gets dry pretty quickly. Friends and family gave my a lot of cedar planks for the salmon but I just don't like salmon on cedar.
An Alaska native told me to use the cedar with halibut. Before the Denver - Pittsburgh game today I thawed out a nice halibut fillet. Soaked a cedar plank. Made a mixture of melted butter, lemon juice dizzy dust and Lawreys. Painted the cedar and both sides of the fillet with mixture. Put the fillet on the plank and coated with Parmesan. Grill was set at 350 with a handful of apple chips. About 20 minutes later, oh my goodness! Fabulous. You gotta try it.
·

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,458
    I wll.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·