Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Cons

Options
2»

Comments

• zflava
    zflava Posts: 43
    Options
    When I compare the BGE to gas or other charcoal smokers and grills, I can only conclude that after cooking on several cookers over the last 15yrs, nothing is easier to get perfect moist, juicy food than a BGE. Just like anything else, you have to master certain necessary principles to get the intended performance results. In addition, you won't get the lifespan out of the other cookers. I've owned an XL and a Med Egg for almost 2yrs and I'm still blown away by the results I get from this cooker. 
  • ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    Options
    To me, it's the difference between food cooked over an open fire, and an oven. Gas grills are outdoor ovens, they are good at what they do, but there is absolutely no comparison. Cooking on the egg, or any other charcoal grill/smoker, is an experience to achieve a certain desired result. Charcoal cooking is not simple, if you want simplicity, stick to the oven, they some with a window to wave at yer food.
  • fishing66
    Options
    I was talking to a guy who was thinking about buying an Egg, and used the following analogy: a propane grill is like getting a CD of your favorite band. the Egg is like having front row seats at their concert.