Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

non-remote thermometer?

Options
Baysidebob
Baysidebob Posts: 489
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

Is there a reliable, bullet-proof, thermometer out there that doesn't include wireless?  I just want to stick in the probe, set the unit down and check it as needed.  For my particular set-up wireless is not an advantage and problems I've had with wireless is a disadvantage.

Thanks

Bob in Oakland

My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Polder.  Highly recommended.

Its funny, just this afternoon The Test Kitchen on PBS did a comparison of timers, and the Polder (last year's winner) was downgraded because the protective clear plastic screen on it was knocked off, after they threw it on the floor seven times.
    Well Duh, don't throw your electronics on the floor!!!  The screen on mine is still there, and not near as filthy as their's was... 

My Polder thermometer has a defeatable alarm when either the food, or the inside of the grill, raise or fall below a set temp.  Very useful, I like it a lot.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Baysidebob
    Options
    Which model Polder do you use?
    My actuary says I'm dead.