Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shipping Egg-cellent results

Options
Gardiner
Gardiner Posts: 7
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Historically I have shipped commercially produced brisket to my family in NJ so they too could enjoy a smoky Christmas. This year I have decided that even if my brisket is not of the same quality as something from New Braunfels, I could send them something I made and they might be able to make up for quality with quantity. It would also have more meaning than picking up the mouse and whipping out the credit card. My question is how would you go about shipping the meat you have slaved over from Dallas to NJ so that it stands a chance of being tasty and not icky when it gets there?
Gardiner Large BGE Dallas

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Options
    Vacuum seal it, freeze it and send in dry ice (if you can). Put some jous in the bag before sealing and it should reheat well. Brisket is tough to hold but this is the best way I can think of.
  • GreenhawK
    Options
    We ship things on dry ice in the medical industry all of the time.  We have specially made Styrofoam coolers that are in a cardboard box made to fit them.  You might could take a styrofoam cooler, then take a box that it would fit in,  fill any voids with either shipping bubble wrap or spray foam, and then close it up and ship it like any other package.

It would need to be shipped over night.  Second day might work if you have room for a lot of dry ice.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL