Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Prime Rib

Options
gte1
gte1 Posts: 379
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Made two prime ribs for Christmas dinner and had a good bit of one leftover. I read multiple ways to reheat, but none of them sounded very good, nor did they involve the EGG.. I sliced the roast in half 2 bones each half, removed the bones then wrapped in foil. Placed in egg indirect at 250 for about an hour and a half internal temp just over 100. Let rest in foil for abou 15 min. Roast was as good as the first night. Made prime rib sandwiches for 8.

A couple of hours vs. 2 min. In the microwave but well worth it for a great dinner.

George
George

Comments

• GreenhawK
    Options
    There is a steak house in Huntsville that had Prime Rib Chili when we went the other night.  I think I am going to try that for some left over prime rib one night.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • psalzer
    psalzer Posts: 108
    Options
    French dip sandwiches....doing that tonight !
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I made these sandwiches for the eggfest in Orlando. I used sliced pork butt and fontina cheese. I also have leftover standing rib roast and will make these little gems for the football game.

Football Sandwiches

MAKES 8 SMALL SANDWICHES

INGREDIENTS
    8 individual white dinner rolls, like Kings Hawaiian
    12 oz. sliced Swiss cheese
    9 oz. thinly sliced honey ham
    4 oz. (1 stick) butter, melted
    2 tbsp. prepared mustard, preferably spicy brown or Dijon
    2 tsp. poppy seeds
    1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Slice the rolls in half using a serrated knife, and arrange bottom halves of rolls in a large casserole dish. Arrange a layer of cheese on top, followed by a layer of ham. Cover with the tops of the rolls. 

2. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, mustard, poppy seeds, and Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Drizzle the sauce evenly over the tops of the sandwiches, cover the pan with aluminum foil and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes, or overnight. Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are warmed through. Slice between the rolls, and serve warm or at room temperature.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I kept the bones and smoked them up for about 2 hours at 250. Not a ton meat cuz I sliced the roast pretty close to the bone, but it was a tasty snack. Oh yeah, rubbed it with DP Cow Lick before going on the egg.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    Options
    I used the following for the sandwiches.

French Bread
    Caramelized Vidalia or sweet onions
    Creamy horseradish
    Arugula
    Prime rib

This was a Paula Deen recipe
    http://www.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view2/prime_rib_sandwich_with_caramelized_onions_arugula_and_horseradish_cream/

I used a different horseradish however:
    Sour cream
    Fresh grated horseradish
    Lemon juice
    Dash of Tabasco
    Dash Worcestershire
    Salt and pepper

Use as much sour cream as you need for the final volume of sauce add other ingredients to taste.

These sandwiches were as good or better than the prime rib dinner

George
    George