Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

DigiQ questions!!

smokinsoonersmokinsooner Posts: 160
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

Santa, (aka...my fiance) brought me a DigiQ dx2 for Christmas! I have a couple of slabs of ribs smoking and holding at 227 now.... but I cannot figure out where/ how to mount it! so before i start bending the bracket to my will and ultimately another unfortunate outcome, I thought I would ask for some advice!

Also, after the ribs, I'm throwing a turkey on to test out the temp control lead...any advice there?

Thanks in advance!

IMAG0268.jpg
1952 x 3264 - 2M
BOOMER!

Comments

• I set mine on the tabletop next to the egg.  If it looks like it's going to rain or snow, I put it in a ziplock baggie.
    Never saw any good reason to mount it.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    edited December 2011

Did you get the Pit Viper 10CFM fan?  If you did, you can mount the controller to the fan with the supplied bracket.  I am not sure if the 5CFM fan has this option.  I didn't do this with my CyberQ, but its an option for you.  I have only got to use mine once so far, but I love it - its real test will be this weekend - doing a long smoke for pulled pork for new years.

From Naked Whiz: