Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

DigiQ questions!!

smokinsoonersmokinsooner Posts: 161
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

Santa, ( fiance) brought me a DigiQ dx2 for Christmas! I have a couple of slabs of ribs smoking and holding at 227 now.... but I cannot figure out where/ how to mount it! so before i start bending the bracket to my will and ultimately another unfortunate outcome, I thought I would ask for some advice!

Also, after the ribs, I'm throwing a turkey on to test out the temp control lead...any advice there?

Thanks in advance!

• I set mine on the tabletop next to the egg.  If it looks like it's going to rain or snow, I put it in a ziplock baggie.
    Never saw any good reason to mount it.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    edited December 2011

Did you get the Pit Viper 10CFM fan?  If you did, you can mount the controller to the fan with the supplied bracket.  I am not sure if the 5CFM fan has this option.  I didn't do this with my CyberQ, but its an option for you.  I have only got to use mine once so far, but I love it - its real test will be this weekend - doing a long smoke for pulled pork for new years.

From Naked Whiz: