Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sauce for Prime Rib - Need Help.

Options
SPN
SPN Posts: 1
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

I've cooked a couple prime rib roasts over the last couple of years and both have turned out great.  Question about the sauce........

The first one I cooked, I also had a white sauce but can't seem to remember what was in it or find the recipe.  Anyone have any suggestions of what sauce to serve with the prime rib?  Looking at doing a couple of them over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks

Comments

• tfoutch
    Options
    Prob. a creamy horseradish sauce.  Several receipes on the intranet, or you can buy already prepared. 
    TFOUTCH Algood, Tennessee
  • tfoutch
    Options
    I meant internet!
    TFOUTCH Algood, Tennessee
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options

Here's a great recipe for a mild horse radish sauce. This is also good on baked potatoes, asparagus and as a spread on sandwiches.

1-1/2 cups good mayo, 3 Tbs Dijon mustard, 1-1/2 Tbs Whole grain mustard, 1 Tbs prepared horse radish, 1/3 cup sour cream, and 1/4 tsp kosher salt. Mix it all together and enjoy. If you try this, I'll bet some of your guests will be asking for the recipe.

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • hogaholic
    hogaholic Posts: 225
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I like the taste of gorgonzola cheese on grilled beef.  I made a white cream gorgonzola sauce this week for some flat irons that I cooked and it was terrific.

Add about 2 tbs unsalted butter to a saucepan over medium heat and melt

Saute 2 cloves of freshly minced garlic - when you start to smell the garlic then go to the next step and whatever you do, don't burn the garlic

Optional - add 1/2 cup of white wine at this point and reduce it over a medium to medium low flame.  I didn't have any white wine Sunday night but it worked out fine.

lower the fire to medium low and slowly start stirring in a cup or a cup and 1/2 of heavy cream or 1/2 and 1/2.  Stir and reduce this until it starts to thicken.

Add crumbled gorgonzola cheese until it reaches the flavor that you want.  Gorgonzola has a pretty strong blue cheese flavor that some people may find too pungent if used in excess.  I love it so I like mine on the stronger side.

Add salt and pepper to taste. 
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)