Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Twin ducks in the large for Christmas dinner!

Options
docbipe
docbipe Posts: 28
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Crispy skin is a MUST! other than that, I am at a loss for duck recipies! Any one have some great idea's?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Made my first duck a couple weeks ago.  I used a vertical roaster but will try spatchcocking it next time, my skin wasn't as crisp as I'd liked (and my temp got a bit too hot, try to keep it around 250).  
    In my old water smoker I used to paint the duck with a mixture of half honey and half orange marmalade a half-hour before finishing, but that didn't seem to add much to an Egg'd duck (and its a bit of a pain anyway).
    For duck, I just stick with salt & pepper, no other fancy rubs.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Little Steven
    Options

Cut very, very shallow slits in the skin, not exposing the meat. Rub with your choice, I like garlic, salt, pepper, fresh thyme and crushed juniper berries. Spatchcock, roast whole on a rack or butcher in to pieces. Roast low and slow or up to 325*

Confit is the bomb

Steve 

Caledon, ON