Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Asian Inspired Cedar Planked Salmon

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

Mrs. G and I  keep saying that we are going to eat healthier and eat more fish. I got inspired the other day to make some more salmon and settled in on an asian inspired salmon. (Thanks Mr Toad, it was your idea for teriyaki asparagus that inspired the whole meal) The marinade came partly from a recipe and partly just winged it. I think it turned out great. Served up along with some teriyaki asparagus and some rice, it was a tasty and I think a healthy weeknight meal.

The recipe and more pictures can be found here at [url=http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2011/12/09/asian-inspired-cedar-planked-salmon/] Asian Inspired Cedar Planked Salmon[/url]

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Looks tasty, going to give this a try.  Nice website as well.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

•      Looks great griffin. I have had trouble cooking fish on my egg the past few times. Will try heating the plank on the fish side until it starts smoking,  I love your asparagus rafts! Very simple, great taste. Thanks for posting. We can all benifit from your experience.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Thanks Smitty. I think most Americans need to try and eat more fish, but it can be hard to get it into the rotation, especailly if you are landlocked. Not always a great selection or price.

Asparagus rafts are a pretty good idea. No telling how many I have lost to the grilling gods in the past. I think we all benefit from posting up and sharing, even if its a failure. Forums have really pushed my cooking from simple chicken and burgers back in college to what it is now.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings