Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help!!: Need some Great Pork Chop Recipes

Options
Smok'inCSI
Smok'inCSI Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Guys:
I really need some great ways to fix thick cut pork chops on the BGE, any suggestions would be awesome!!
Thanks a million

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Smok'in CSI,
    Go simple and grill them at high temp like a steak. Just let them dwell to desired doneness. This will let the flavor of the pork shine through.
    RhumAndJerk

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    Smok'in CSI,
    I have never done chops on the egg, so I can't vouch for any recipes, but in the New Recipe Submissions section above, there are seven different recipes for pork chops. One of them might be up your alley.[p]Good luck.

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    I agree. We get 1.5" thick double-loin chops all the time and all we add is the Hickory Mollasses Char-Crust that creates a dark flavourful crust that perfectly complements the nice pink blush in the chops when pulled at 140°F...
    Qfan
    (I hear the Dizzy Pig rubs are good on these too! LOL)

• Martini Mark in PTC
    Options
    Smok'in CSI,
    Simple is the key to seasoning, treat them like a steak sear & don't overcook or you will dry them out. Take them off at 140. I always toss a chunk or two of apple wood in when doing pork; I think they were made to go together. Try a simple marinade of your favorite rub or even just olive oil & lemon with that. I have also taken them off the grill & brushed with a marinade or BBQ sauce for those that like them that way. That's the best part of egging - you really can't go wrong. . . good luck. . .

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Smok'in CSI,
    If you can, brine those bad boys for a few hours. Then cook them real hot with the rub of your choice(I prefer Jamaican Firewalk by the dizzy boys)Pull them around 140*-145* and let em rest for about 10 minutes. You will enjoy them. Tell us what you do, and how they turn out.
    Seth

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    Smok'in CSI,
    if they have the bone i trex them,salt pepper rosemary and oil for the rub, 142 internal max. if they are boneless you could try something like this

[ul][li]porkchops[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    That is a favorite of mine and normally how I cook them.
    R&J

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Smok'in CSI, I kind of hate to admit this but I sometimes marinate them in Jamaican jerk and then Shake 'N' Bake them, indirect. JCA

• Unknown
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]Honestly..I think shake-n-bake is way underrated.[p]Here's another thing I'll admit...I sometimes use taco seasoning..from the little envelopes..as bbq rub for pork. Pretty good actually..and I forget the brands..but you can get some that are not all msg and all those other weird chemicals I can't even spell..let alone pronounce.[p]There...I came clean.[p]TUS

• bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    Options
    Smok'in CSI,
    Marinate in Stubb's Pork marinade for 24-48 hours, then coat in Dizzy Dust. Grill on the egg w/ cherry, hickory, or JD chips at 400 until 140 internal then let rest for 5-19 min. Awesome everytime!