Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Guru Party

Options
Wilcox Farmer
Wilcox Farmer Posts: 13
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone had experience with new BBQ Guru Party for simple and basic temp control?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Yes, it's a great unit.  It works fine, just as advertised.  The only minor drawbacks I see is if you ruin the probe with too high heat, it has to go back to the factory, and I don't think it has a battery level indicator, so you need to keep track of the hours on the batteries and replace them appropriately.  I intend to get one.
    The Naked Whiz
  • ribmaster
    Options

I have the digiQ dx. other than the battery aspect I see no use for the party Q and several drawbacks.

There is not enough money savings to seem to make a difference.

I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    You can toggle through the PartyQ menu, and view the battery level. I've noticed that it is much better at keeping my medium at temperature, than my large. For the large, I had to set it 15-20 degrees higher than I wanted it to settle in at, in order for it to get close to my desired temperature. I know of another BGE user that is having the same problem. Airflow and lump quality are not issues with either setup.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    A DigiQ dx will set you back $276 for the unit, the blower and the adapter.  The PartyQ is $139 including the adapter.  I'd say half-price is a sizeable price difference and worth a look if you only need pit temperature control.
    The Naked Whiz