Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smoked scallops

bugz on da barbebugz on da barbe Posts: 35
edited November 2011 in Seafood

I use the large sea scallops.  Freeze them seperatley on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. 

Start and stabilize your egg at 230'

I prefer to smoke them with Cherry, throw some cherry chunks on the egg.

place the frozen scallops on a sheet of alumminnum foil and smoke in egg for 60 min. 

remove from egg and enjoy!!!

• SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102
    Now that I can do here ... but we all know ... the best comes straight from the sea ... it doesn't get better than that ... fresh!
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • bugz on da barbebugz on da barbe Posts: 35
    edited November 2011
    That's where I get mine at.(I scuba and freedive) I have found our that if I don't freeze them first before I smoke them they get really tough. Kinda like trying to eat a tennis ball.  By the time that they spend an hour in the egg they are perfectly done!