Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need Suggestions for Wild Duck

yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 361
edited November 2011 in EGGtoberfest
I have 7 to 8 duck breasts (butterflied hole with bone in) to cook and looking for suggestions.  I was thinking of applying a dry rub then cooking @350 dome temp with an indirect setup?  What temp do I cook them too?  Any help would be appreciated. 
·

Comments

• GatoGato Posts: 766
    I like to take the wild duck breast and cut it into bite size pieces. Place a canned jalapeno half on one side, an onion petal on the other and wrap with a half a piece of bacon. Grill direct until bacon is done. I know this may not be the recipe you were looking for but I love it. What species of duck?
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • Thanks for the recipe Gato, my friend hunts and wants me to cook them for him.  He said there is 3 mallards, 2 red heads and 1 blue bill.  I've never cooked duck before but going to give it a try.
    ·
  • Breast out the duck.
    Soak overnight in Dales.
    Next day, rinse & marinate in Zesty Italian dressing for 6-8 hours
    wrap with bacon and toothpick the ends
    grill

Awesome!

·