Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need Suggestions for Wild Duck

yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 374
edited November 2011 in EGGtoberfest
I have 7 to 8 duck breasts (butterflied hole with bone in) to cook and looking for suggestions.  I was thinking of applying a dry rub then cooking @350 dome temp with an indirect setup?  What temp do I cook them too?  Any help would be appreciated. 
·

Comments

• GatoGato Posts: 766
    I like to take the wild duck breast and cut it into bite size pieces. Place a canned jalapeno half on one side, an onion petal on the other and wrap with a half a piece of bacon. Grill direct until bacon is done. I know this may not be the recipe you were looking for but I love it. What species of duck?
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • Thanks for the recipe Gato, my friend hunts and wants me to cook them for him.  He said there is 3 mallards, 2 red heads and 1 blue bill.  I've never cooked duck before but going to give it a try.
    ·
  • Breast out the duck.
    Soak overnight in Dales.
    Next day, rinse & marinate in Zesty Italian dressing for 6-8 hours
    wrap with bacon and toothpick the ends
    grill

Awesome!

·