Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Nest reinforcement

Options
HarleyDoug
HarleyDoug Posts: 69
edited November 2011 in Root
Does anyone make a large BGE nest reinforcement?  My nest has pre-drilled holes that look like they are designed for reinforcement bands that help make the nest sturdier.  I could make some but in the process of moving shortly and honestly don't want to fool with making them if I don't have to.

Thanks much
Doug

Comments

• troutgeek
    Options
    Not sure, but the extra pre-drilled holes might be for the handler attachment? I have never found the need for reinforcement with my egg. I've heard of problems with lesser knock-off brands, but never the BGE nest.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

I have found the Large sized nest is one of the most stable of all the sizes.  The handler is a great accessory to add for stability at $100.   The cross bar (comes with the Handler) that goes on the nest down at the wheels is something you could make yourself, it adds to the stability of XL and M sized nest which I find are in much need compared to the Large.   

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• troutgeek
    Options
    Ah yes. I have the large, with handler, but I got everything already assembled so didn't put the nest together...
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    I have an XL nest - no reinforcement -- no problems
  • HarleyDoug
    Options
    Thanks everyone. The BGE recently got caught in the grass and I was afraid I may have "torqued" the nest and was thinking  it may be a good idea - although it seems to be working fine ----- Thanks again