Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Cook (mostly) a Success

The_Grill_SergeantThe_Grill_Sergeant Posts: 87
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
Well, last night I cooked up that chicken recipe I wrote about the other day.  Firing up the Egg was a breeze, and with a little trial and error I was able to achieve the temp I wanted.  Interesting how micro adjustments can make macro changes.  The only issue was that I let the chicken stay on a little too long after adding the Sweet Baby Ray's and they burned a bit.  But under the carbon it sure was juicy and tasty!

Next cook will be Sunday, but I'm not sure what...
Egg Head in Klamath Falls, Oregon

Comments

• Sear a hot steak, than learn to change the gasket. LOL

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102
    Ah .. get some ribs on ... you won't regret it!
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,476
    Sergeant - watch out for sugar based sauces. They'll get you if you're not careful. I bet it won't happen again. You tend to remember your first mistake. My was wayyyyyyyy too much wood. Husband ate dinner and I ate the salad.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !