Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs Too Meaty

Options
hotgrillharry
hotgrillharry Posts: 16
edited October 2011 in Pork
Lately, the babybacks I buy are too meaty.  Maybe an odd complaint, but has anyone had the same problem and can anyone recommend a soltuion?  Thanks!

Comments

• DominicMagestic
    Options
    buy less meaty ones. maybe you are picking up loin backs which are mo meaty.

if you have a sam's nearby, try theirs. they are traditional bbs that come three to a pack.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
    aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options
    They seem to be leaving more of the loin meat on ribs these days, not sure why, perhaps they have been requested to do it that way. Has anyone else thought this?
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    The butcher can cut them special if you want less meat. I was able to get some of them when I was playing around with different cooking methods before the egg. Now I prefer the thicker ribs.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !