Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Eggtoberfest recipes

drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
I told the guests at Eggtoberfest that I'd post those chicken recipes so here they are. Enjoy!

Dr. BBQ’s Asian Hot Wing Sauce
Cook wings indirect at 400 for about an hour. Toss with the sauce right before serving. I used Tsunami Spin for a rub before cooking.

½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup Hoisin sauce
1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
1 T sesame oil
2 T rooster sauce
1 T Sugar In The raw
2 T melted butter

And the breast marinade is

Bear Game Teriyaki Marinade
Marinade then grill direct at 400 til they reach an internal temp of 160.

1 cup soy sauce
¼ cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup brown Sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1-1/2 tablespoons chopped ginger root

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well and marinate chicken or pork for at least 6 hours.
Yield: About 1 ½ cups.
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
·

Comments

• SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101

Rooster sauce ... is that another name for Worcestershire?

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·
  • DavekatzDavekatz Posts: 761
    You don't know about Rooster Sauce yet?!? Man, you are in for a tasty surprise:

Enjoy! 
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    that sauce is good stuff.I add it to everything.. 
    context is important :)
    ·
    edited October 2011
    That is the same brand as the fish sauce I bought recently ... I should be able to find this ...
    ·
  • ShawnShawn Posts: 356
    Thanks DrBBQ for sharing these wounderfull recepies!
    Cheers! Shawn My Blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/ My Dads Custom Handles Blog http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com
    ·

I found the Sirachi sauce ... oddly enough I had seen it on the shelf before and wondered whether or not I would like it ... like it says on the bottle, you can put it on or in just about everything and I know I will.

Thanks for the info guys ...

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,439
    Sauce is a little on the warm side. If you like things hot this one will tingle your lips. Good stuff.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
    To my taste it is only a medium ... I'm a bit of a chili head!
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,439
    Good going. I can only do Thai hot every now and then. The older I get the less the taste buds can handle the burn.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·