Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Canada Customer Service

Options
Charcoal_Addict
Charcoal_Addict Posts: 227
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
What do Candain Egg Owners think of BGE Canada's Customer support?
2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring

Comments

• Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    Options
    They would not help me with my failed gasket while it was still under warranty (I asked for a replacement). I was told it will last 5 years and if it comes off glue it back on myself with high heat silicone. Then I was given tips like don't slop BBQ on the gasket...gee...thanks for the tip.
    :-q
  • Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 356
    Options
    I think there customer service went down hill the past few years! I had a very hard time to get a replacement part that was under warranty! It also took five week for me to receive there replacement part. They have a bad rep for customer service! They are now more for corporate money! Also why did they never fixed there gasket issue when they new they had **** gasket for many years and lots of customer has complained about it nad they never did anything to fixed the issue! Hum!! Is it me that noticed that they only started latelly to improve the eggs because Kamado Joe is taking over there market with a way better built grill and the KJ customer service is beyond excellent! Sometime it pays to have a strong competion!

I love my egg a lot and I personally also own two Kamado Joe and I find them way better then my egg! It light up a lot faster and its a lot easier to control the temp. Also check out the Kamado Joe review at the Naked Whiz site and The BBQ breton forume and you will see why lots of People are selling there egg and going with Kamado Joe.

My two cents worth!
    Cheers! Shawn My Blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/ My Dads Custom Handles Blog http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Charcoal_Addict Posts: 227
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Honestly I hear bad stories about KJ, Primo and BGE. I also hear great stories about all 3 companies. Is it simply a case of anyone who has a bad experience is going to post bad things no matter what.

There are lots of customers on the Brethren site who have had issues with their Egg where BGE stepped up big time. I have spoken with BGE customer service center twice and I have yet to experience anything I would consider bad service. BGE and Primo can be slow to respond at times.

In my city, the dealers sell about 300+ Eggs a year. Primo sells about 7+ units a year. KJ about 20+ units a year. I'm not sure the other companies have enough sales volume in Canada to entirely fair to compare them to BGE.

It might take another 7-8 years to see how KJ holds up over time.

2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The customer service in the states is amazing. My last issue I sent an email and had a response in 10 minutes and the problem was solved. I walked into the retail store with my old fire box and fire ring that had cracks and they handed me new ones. I lost one of my springs when I took my egg apart and called the retail store and they mailed me a new one. I have never had an issue I wasn't over satisfied with the help I received.