Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1st time

hanrahan52hanrahan52 Posts: 1
edited October 2011 in Root
So for my first experiemnet I tried smoking a brisket, figured I would go for the Gusto.  So after about 6 hours  of smoking, i came back home from the store and noticed that the themometer was back down to 0.  HOw do you keep the EGG going for long enough to cook a brisket?  What do I need to do next time?  I re-lit for a hour or two and pulled the brisket off after seven hours because it went out again.  Turns out it was perfect timing and the brisket is great, but im not sure how to keep the fire going for longer periods, anyone? thank you

Comments

• BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Fill it up with lump... pour in the lump till it is half way up the fire ring (I even go to the top of fire ring if going over 20 hours) for 8-12 hours or longer cooks.
    Kent Madison MS