Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Pizza Question

2»

Comments

• Very good ideas here. I've been making pizza in the oven, think I'll switch to my Egg (medium). One thing I don't like about the pizza in the oven so far is that it is _hard_. I want it to be chewier, but not soggy, of course. Any thoughts on this? Am I just overcooking it? Or should I make a dough with more water? Or ...?
  • More water in the dough, higher gluten flour, or higher cooking temps may all help. Change one variable at a time to see what works for you.
    South Florida

In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself. 
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 785
    To get crust to be chewy you will need to add a fat of some sort to the dough, I use olive oil, butter, margarine... will all help. Gerhard
  • Fat in the dough is not necessary. It can help, but good gluten development will do the job.
    South Florida

In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.