Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Question

2»

Comments

• Very good ideas here. I've been making pizza in the oven, think I'll switch to my Egg (medium). One thing I don't like about the pizza in the oven so far is that it is _hard_. I want it to be chewier, but not soggy, of course. Any thoughts on this? Am I just overcooking it? Or should I make a dough with more water? Or ...?
    ·
  • More water in the dough, higher gluten flour, or higher cooking temps may all help. Change one variable at a time to see what works for you.
    South Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

·
  • To get crust to be chewy you will need to add a fat of some sort to the dough, I use olive oil, butter, margarine... will all help. Gerhard
    ·
  • Fat in the dough is not necessary. It can help, but good gluten development will do the job.
    South Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

·