Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turkey Cannon today

SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum

Got a 11 lb.brined turkey that I'm going to cook on a turkey cannon with beer/wine. Starting temp. of 400º for 30 min. and then 350º to finish I hope!

Manufacturers claim that the cooking time is reduced to 6 to 7 min. @ Lb. I'm doubting that. Going to use Smokinilicious© Liquid infused pecan flavor hardwood.

Will be taking pictures 'cause ... no pix, didn't happen!

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.

Comments

• GatoGato Posts: 766
    What its a turkey canon? Got that bird on yet??
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102

Just got it on now ... 2:10 pm

Turkey Cannon http://www.campchef.com/infusion-roaster-turkey-cannon.html

Should find all the info there.

• GatoGato Posts: 766
    Interesting. Can't wait to hear about it.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    Well ... it was so good! Too tired to update properly ... will do tomorrow ... promise!

Here are the promised pix of my Hungarian ABTs stuffed with cream cheese, blue cheese, garlic powder and cajun spices.

Also, a brined turkey with beer& white wine in the cavity & drip pan. Covered skin with poultry seasoned butter. Cooked 2 & 20 min. @ 380º

• ShawnShawn Posts: 356
    Where do you get the turkey canon? It looks very delicious!
    Cheers! Shawn My Blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/ My Dads Custom Handles Blog http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com
    Should be able to track one down using the link I provided above ... I bought it some time ago and I think it was Gander Mountain on one of my cross-border trips. Hope that helps.
  • GarlicGarlic Posts: 40
    Squeezy, what is an ABT they look good so does the bird.
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,476
    That looks good. Lots of broth for the gravy.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !

ABTs is the acronym created by the BBQ world to replace 'poppers' ... stands for atomic buffalo turds.

Mostly that is for jalapeño stuffed chilis, but I like these yellow or Hungarian type too ... very mild with a very pleasant flavor.

For the very adventurous ... there are NBTs ... 'nuclear' using Habaneros! Hard to eat more than one ..

:\">

The white wine turkey gravy was full of flavor ... hot turkey sammies today!

• LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    nice job Squeezy! the turkey looks great.
    context is important :)