Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Probe routing

JLNCJLNC Posts: 73
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever tried routing their temp probe down between the base of the egg and the fire ring/box and out the draft door?  I officially torched my one week old gasket last night and I'm thinking of going gasketless, but I don't necessarily want to smash my probe wire between the dome and base.  I can always go out the DFMT, but I thought down through the bottom might be simpler--- and less in the way.  Of course, I haven't checked the length I'd need going that way.  By the way, this question is for low/slow.....
·

Comments

• onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 660
    As long as you are not pinching the wire, I don't foresee any issues. other than it may make it difficult to close the vent completely. All you can do is give it a try and report back how well/poorly it worked out...

·
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    I've gone "no gasket" for 5 years... just lay probe wires on lip and close dome... no problem...
    don't over think the cook - that take all the fun out. 
    Kent Madison MS
    ·