Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

car wash mike's ribs

Options
crmwell
crmwell Posts: 19
edited September 2011 in Pork
we plan on making car wash mikes baby back ribs tonight for the first time.  My question  is: if we only make one slab of ribs instead of 3, will the cooking times still be the same? thanks!

Comments

• Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    So might as well make three and have some leftovers or share/showoff to your friends. :D
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • crmwell
    Options
    Yesterday we cooked up the ribs and followed  car wash mike's instructions as to time and temps etc.  The ribs were great and they were tender but not falling off the bone tender.  Guess maybe we should have cooked them longer or at a higher temp.  We have left overs and are going to put them in the oven and cook them some more to see if this helps.  Any suggestions?
  • crmwell
    Options
    I just checked my thermometer and it was off 20 degrees.  I suppose this was part of the problem
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Some would consider 'falling off the bone' to be overcooked (in BBQ competitions they are at least).

If you do like them that way (like many people do) all you need to do is cook them longer.  Zallgood.

+1

I am a certified BBQ judge and I know this to be true ...

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.