Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Egg, Firebox Wobble

JLNCJLNC Posts: 73
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
Hello All,

You may remember recent post deciding between the Primo and the BGE.  Well I picked up the Large BGE last night and I'm hoping to fire it up tonight!  

I did notice that the firebox has a slight wobble.  I've seen some other posts about this, but I wanted to get some fresh input.  I stopped by the dealer and two of their 3 showroom eggs also had a wobble, but one didn't.  They told me not to worry about it, but of course I'm a bit picky and the wobble is an irritant.  I sent an e-mail to support asking if I should address this and I was hoping for some input from you.  I do need to pull the firebox and make sure it is actually the firebox and not the base of the egg.

So, any input on this?  If it is the firebox, should I try to get it switched?  Or, will this become a non-issue with use (ash, etc.)?  Can you sand or file the high spots?  What would you do?  

Thanks!

Comments