Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Redskin Potato Recipe????

Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,225
edited September 2011 in Forum List
Last year I found a recipe on here which calls for redskin potatoes and you mash them down and put them on the egg.  Anyone know where I can find it?

Comments

• SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    They are called Crash Potatos. I can't remeber who origionated the recipe, but basically you boil the potato smash it down flat drizzel with olive oil s&p along with any other spices and/or cheese you like. Then put it on some foil and cook on the egg around 350 till kind of crispy.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
    Thanks for the link LDD!
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    edited October 2011
    yeah man (or woman) :)

i think i might make some tomorrow
    context is important :)
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    @Spoon : made these today... potato(es) were a little large.. so not so pretty... but tasty as a heck. Kosher salt+pepper+fresh rosemary.... fuh'getaboudit

imageimageimage
    context is important :)
    @LDD Oh yeah! Those look tasty! I do mine like that, but use some truffle salt I have and a little thyme in addition to the rosemary. Sometimes, some parmigiano reggiano.