Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wow, what the heck happened to the forum, I leave the country for a month and we go all modern.

Options
Mud Pig
Mud Pig Posts: 489
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum

I just returned from almost a month in the Philippines and Japan and I see that we got a new forum site.  After spending so many weeks in Asia I was dying to cook some food on the egg.  I decided to do an old school pizza and garlic knot cook.  Came out great.  Here are some pics of my trip and the cook.

This is White Beach on Boracay Island in the Philippines.  Amazing beach.image

After I worked at the embassy in Manila for two weeks I did a week long stopover in Tokyo to sight see.  This is the famous crossing in Shibuya.image

Visited all the major shrines and Temples including the Emperor's palace.  Here is the iconic double bridge of the palace.image

Grabbing noodles at a lunch counter in Shibuya with buddy of mine who flew in to meet me.  Man that was a good meal.image

Hanging out in the observatry on the 45th floor of the Tokyo Government building.  What a view.image

I've got a ton more pics, too many to put here.  Needles to say my trip to Asia was amazing.  The philippines was not my favorite place, but Tokyo just blew me away.  So much to see and do that its staggering.

Got home, gave the wife and boy a kiss and had to make some fresh mozzarella and basil pie on the XL.image

Rounded out the meal with my homemade marinara sauce and baked garlic knots.image

Great trip, but its good to be home.

MP

Comments