Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My first smoked experience on Big Green Egg

donpatt2donpatt2 Posts: 4
edited September 2011 in Forum List
I chose a cheaper cut of meat, beef short ribs for my first smoke, marinated over night, cooked for 3hr at 250-275. I also used mesquite wood chips.
Brushed on BQ sause after 3hr for another 30 min.
They turned out Great every body loved them.
I can't wait to try somthing else.

• Those ribs sound great!  What did you marinate them in?  I've been egging for a just a couple of years, and it's still just amazing to me how much I love my Big Green Eggs (I have a medium and a large).  I've never cooked beef short ribs, though.  I'll have to give it a shot.

Thanks for sharing!

• I used Montreal steak and olive oil.

Thanks for the comment