Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket Help

BluedotBluedot Posts: 82
edited September 2011 in Forum List
I cooked a 6.5 pound brisket yesterday and have a question. I planned for the cook to take approximately 1 hour and fifteen minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes to cook to an internal temp of 190 degrees. Much to my surprise, it only took a little over 4 hours. I cooked at a dome temp between 230 and 245 degrees. The meat was probed to monitor the meat temp throughout the cook. Once I reached 190 degrees, I checked in several places with a Thermopen to verify. Also, the meat remained in the plateau for less than 30 minutes. Finished product was really good but I am confused as to the previously described. Anyone have an idea why this happened?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    well a 6.5 pound piece of meat any kind of meat will take longer than

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb