Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

storage compartments and drawers

uncledaveuncledave Posts: 90
edited September 2011 in EGG Table Forum
Do bugs and spiders setup shop in the storage compartments and drawers I see on some of the tables. I am planning to build one for my xl. It is on a nest. I can't decide if I want to keep it on the nest and just build two tables one for each side with doors on the storage area. Why do I see alot of insets of tiles or something beside the egg on the top of the tables?

Comments

• SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    If you put something hot on it it won't burn and if you put something greasy on it it won't stain. I wish I had one on my table. My top looks like cr@p after a year and a half.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • ClavinClavin Posts: 91
    I am thinking of trying to cover my table top with some kind of ceramic tile because after a year and a half, my table looks like crap, too.
  • @uncledave We sell a ton of tables with granite inlays, seems to be a very popular option for the reasons Spoon mentioned—though more than a few people have asked if it's a cutting board.  ;)
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."
  • cover has worked well for me