Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef for Sandwiches

BattleBattle Posts: 14
edited September 2011 in Forum List

I bought a new slicer and I want to make some beef and use it for sandwiches.   Which cuts of beef would you reccomend and how would you EGG it?

Thanks in advance.

·

Comments

• I have used a top round roast, indirect in a v-rack at 350 until done. I pull it at 135 so it's only a couple of hours. Basic seasonings-S,P,Garlic. I brined it the first couple of times but not the last. I think that the brined roast was a little more tender but the difference was minimal, I need to try a couple more times before I render a final decision.
    ·
  • at 135 degrees I would think it would be pretty rare?
    ·
  • I am far from an eggspert. I use 50/50 raising the steaks and red eye from dizzy pig. I also pull around 135 and let sit for a while then I put it in the fridge before slicing. It comes out great better than deli. It is pink and juicy.
    ·