Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Food Safety Question..... Peanuts

BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum

ok ok i know there have been enough food safety questions and food safety wars on this board to kill a canadian moose. but i have never seen anything about peanuts.

i love boiled peanuts. if you live outside the south you may not get the chance to have them unless you do them yourself. and i have had some really bad ones. so i figured out how to make them myself. and they are pretty good if i do say so myself.

i love them cold as opposed to most people who like them hot. well i make mine in a crock pot in the garage. then drain them in a collander. stick them in a ziplock and refrigerate them. i have seen them in ziplock bags sitting on a counter in gas stations.

my question is how long should they be good? i know dry peanuts have a long shelf life because of the drying. but boiled peanuts have got to be diffrent right?

thanks and i hope this thread doesn't turn ugly

happy eggin
tb

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus R Cobb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments