Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Food Safety Question..... Peanuts

BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum

ok ok i know there have been enough food safety questions and food safety wars on this board to kill a canadian moose. but i have never seen anything about peanuts.

i love boiled peanuts. if you live outside the south you may not get the chance to have them unless you do them yourself. and i have had some really bad ones. so i figured out how to make them myself. and they are pretty good if i do say so myself.

i love them cold as opposed to most people who like them hot. well i make mine in a crock pot in the garage. then drain them in a collander. stick them in a ziplock and refrigerate them. i have seen them in ziplock bags sitting on a counter in gas stations.

my question is how long should they be good? i know dry peanuts have a long shelf life because of the drying. but boiled peanuts have got to be diffrent right?

thanks and i hope this thread doesn't turn ugly

happy eggin
tb

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus R Cobb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments