Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Southwest Bacon Wrapped Breasts...

DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
edited August 2011 in Forum List
I did some chicken last week and i am just now posting the pics....

Here we go...

Chicken Breasts all laid out and seasoned up with a touch of Slap Ya Mama, Cayenne, Fajita Fabulosa, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic...

Here they are wrapped in Bacon...

I also threw together some potatoes and onions while the egg was warming up. I seasoned with Salt, Pepper, Butter, and Garlic...

Wrapped and ready for the egg. I placed the taters on 20 to 30 minutes before I grill the breasts...

Chicken is on...

Lookin Good!...

They were really good...

After dinner I also grilled some burgers for lunches that week...

Sorry about the lousy pictures, I lost my charger for my big boy camera. I promise to find it by the next session.
Thanks for hangin out!

CYA

This is the greatest signature EVAR!
·

Comments

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Nice cooks, Doc !
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Thanks!
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Looking good...I love the potatoes in a bag....and bacon wrapped chicken.
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Thanks Kimmer!
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    The chicken looks mighty tasty and potatoes are delicious that way too. We just bought a pile of boneless skinless breasts from Whole Foods, sale!, so I believe this might be in my future.

Thanks for sharing!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    Everything is better with bacon. It all looks good. I will have to try that potato pouch idea.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
    ·