Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday Chickenx2 (PICS)

golfguy
golfguy Posts: 105
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Posted this on the original forum also... I can not quite gauge where the majority of the members are looking...sorry for the redundancy. Anyway, just thought I would share my chicken cook today. Sprinkled with 21 Seasoning from Trader Joe's, and cooked at 375-400 indirect for a little over an hour. Pulled when breasts were 160 and thighs were 180. The lovely lady cooked up some cinnamon apples and potato salad as sides. Great sandwiches!! Hopefully the pics work.

:-D

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Looks great!
    How were the doneness of the breasts/thighs? I did a vertical roast last weekend, and pulled the bird when the thighs were 170; a quick check with my thermapen showed the breasts at 180! They were okay though, the dark meat could've been done a bit more.
    Spatchcock next time.

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• golfguy
    golfguy Posts: 105
    Yea. I think I could have left them on a bit longer. The dark meat also looked like it could have used more cooking. I haven't tried spatchcock yet, maybe next time.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    once you go spatch you will not go back....

i even spatchcocked a turkey once. i would do it again but i like getting the grease for gravy.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb