3 large ears of corn, husked
1 large red bell pepper
1 large yellow bell pepper
10 medium sized tomatoes (about 2-2.5 inches)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 minced seeded jalapeño chili
Optionally you can use a Pablano or other spicy pepper
1 bag Grated Mexican Cheese
1. Fire roast the veggies on the Egg. Look for a nice char without being burnt and get some smoky flavor.
2. Cut the tops off of the tomatoes and using a melon baller scrape out the insides. Salt the inside and place the tomatoes top down on paper towels to dry.
3. Cut the kernels off the corn. Scrape the skin off the peppers, remove the seeds and insides. Chop them about the same size as the corn kernels. Add to the corn.
4.Whisk the oil, lime juice, lime peel and garlic in a bowl. Add to the corn Mixture.
5. Add the cilantro and mix thoroughly.
6. Put the Corn mix into the Tomatoes and sprinkle the top with Mexican cheese.
7. Put the tomatoes on the Egg until the cheese melts. Be Careful here, if you leave them too long the tomatoes will fall apart.
Number of Servings: 10
Time to Prepare: