Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Ahi Tuna Salad - 2010 Waldorf Eggfest

Options
Bob Smart
Bob Smart Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Salads and Dressings

Ingredients

2 lb ahi tuna
2 each, red, green, and yellow peppers
6 ribs celery
1 med onion
2 bunches green onions white and green parts (optional, I did not use at Waldorf)
1 cup golden raisins
BBQ rub (Dizzy Pig's Tsunami Spin is a favorite)

Instructions

Season the tuna with your favorite rub (DP, Tsunami Spin in this case) and cook (direct, raised grate at 325-400) with some smoke (I used apple and pecan), until the tuna is well done (145 F) and let cool to room temp.  Put in a zip lock bag and break up with your fingers to desired size chunks.

Chop all the veggies into 1/4" dice, mix in the tuna and raisins and add the mayo to the desired consistency (probably about 2 cups for this much).

Season the salad with additional rub to desired flavor and saltiness.  I am guessing I added a heavy tablespoon.  The truth is, I added some, tasted it and added some more. 

Notes

Note: You can do the same thing with grilled chicken that is chopped fairly fine. I prefer to add granny smith apples in place of the raisins and white grapes, cut in half are also nice.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: