Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked and Roasted Baked Potato

Options
MAC
MAC Posts: 442
edited November -1 in Vegetables

Ingredients

Russet taters
Olive oil
Kosher salt

Instructions

Wash your potato's and pat dry.  Rub with olive oil and the sprinkle/rub with coarse kosher salt. I just lay these taters around the edge of the egg, takes a little more time than the main course so I put them on earlier- can always remove and cover with foil.  Really- I lay them around the edge up against the side right on top of the grate, keep around/just below 300 degrees.  Pull around  200 internal temp.

About 30 minutes before I think the tate's will be done I put on the egg many slices of thick cut bacon.- If you have never cooked bacon on the egg- do this.

Use some foil and make a "baking sheet", with thick bacon in single rows, watch it. Be careful, holes in the foil, sometimes I will pull the bacon and place directly on the grate to "dry" the bacon. 

You know where this is going- crumble the smoked bacon on the halved potatoes- Let me know what you think- tater skin is the best...

Notes

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: