Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked and Roasted Baked Potato

MACMAC Posts: 442
edited 2:03AM in Vegetables
IngredientsRusset tatersOlive oilKosher salt InstructionsWash your potato's and pat dry.  Rub with olive oil and the sprinkle/rub with coarse kosher salt. I just lay these taters around the edge of the egg, takes a little more time than the main course so I put them on earlier- can always remove and cover with foil.  Really- I lay them around the edge up against the side right on top of the grate, keep around/just below 300 degrees.  Pull around  200 internal temp.
About 30 minutes before I think the tate's will be done I put on the egg many slices of thick cut bacon.- If you have never cooked bacon on the egg- do this.
Use some foil and make a "baking sheet", with thick bacon in single rows, watch it. Be careful, holes in the foil, sometimes I will pull the bacon and place directly on the grate to "dry" the bacon. 
You know where this is going- crumble the smoked bacon on the halved potatoes- Let me know what you think- tater skin is the best... NotesNumber of Servings: Time to Prepare:
·