Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Secret Family Recipe Revealed

Options
brklynbbq
brklynbbq Posts: 14
edited November -1 in Pork

Ingredients

1:1:2 ratio of Balsamic Vinegar: Soy sauce: olive oil... generally for one or two tenderloins... 1/2 cup Balsamic 1/2 cup Soy 1 cup Olive oil 5-8 bashed up cloves of garlic 6-8 sprigs of fresh rosemary bruised with the butt of a knife (you can use dried, but it takes a healthy amount... maybe a 1/2 cup)

Instructions

Mix the soy and balsamic with the garlic and bruised rosemary (you don't even really have to take it off the sprig, though you can if you want) stir it around a bit. With a wisk slowly pour in the oil as you mix so it all emulsifies together. Put whatever meat you are using in a freezer bag with the marinade. You can get away with an hour and a half, but overnight is the best. Take the meat out of the bag, shake it off (some rosemary may stick, and that's fine), and throw it on a grill direct heat (about 350 deg or so, hotter for the steaks) . Cook to your liking. I used to do this in my weber days, I used to do it in college with my $19.99 gas picnic grill, it is a very forgiving recipe, but it HAS to be grilled. There's something about that char.

Notes

It is simple. It is amazing. It is a standby in our family for parties. I literally put three tenderloins on a cutting board and sliced them for our baby shower... they were gone in twenty minutes, no one even bothered with forks. You can boil down the remaining marinade for dipping if you want, but generally it's not necessary.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: 3-24 hrs