Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone ever egg conch?

Options
smokeydrew
smokeydrew Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got back from Belize and I brought back 5 lbs. of conch meat. We usually just make ceviche (sp) but I was wondering if anyone has ever cooked it on the egg? I'm guessing a TRex style along the lines of Natureboy's squid? Any suggestions as to temp, time, or seasoning would be appreciated.[p]Thanx,
Smokeydrew

Comments

• smokeydrew
    smokeydrew Posts: 130
    Options
    smokeydrew,
    I guess I answered my own question: <a href=http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2000/messages/59468.htm>conch post</a>[p]Still I did not see if anyone tried high temp conch strips or something to that effect? I'll post pics and a review if that's the way I go.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    smokeydrew,
    i have eaten conch fried, steamed, as a fritta, raw soaked with limes in a salad with jalepenos, and in a chowder. the only way i found it good was in a veg, corn, tomatoe chowder. never seen it grilled, however, i think it might be tough. the girls that made it for me were in a small town on the south end of abaco, not a tourist trap, and they really pounded that stuff for hours with a mallet to tenderize it

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it