Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Joes Afterburner Beans

edited November -1 in Sides
Ingredients1 pound bacon chopped1 pound smoked pork butt or pork chops (I used leftover pulled pork)2 onion diced (I like onions)4 good size garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed1/3 cup brown sugar1/3 cup sugar (I skipped this, as it seemed too sweet for my taste)1 cup favorite BBQ sauce (I have used homemade from Dr BBQ's book, and Sweet Baby Ray's)3 tablespoons molasses2 tablespoons mustard powder (I use prepared)1/4 teaspoon chili powder2 tablespoons ground New Mex chilis (I didn't have, so I skipped it and added more chili powder)2 tablespoons ground chipotle (I used some chipotles in adobo)1 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon pepper (yeah, right...I use much more)1 pound pintos cooked with bay leaves and coarse chopped onion(I found a bag of Ken Stone's Smoked Pintos. Couldn't be beat!!)InstructionsDrain pintos and brown meat and onion together and save the bacon grease to put in the beans. Mix remaining ingredients. Blend all and bake at 350 degrees from 30 minutes up to 2 hours, covered. The longer you bake this, the better it is.NotesNumber of Servings: Time to Prepare: