4 portobello mushrooms 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (industrial grade is fine)
8 Oz goal cheese (sliced - about quarter to half inch per slicethe thego) 1 tsp capers
2 Tbs olive oil 2 Clove roasted garlic
.25 Cup baby spinach (parsley is good substitute) 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
.25 Cup basil leaves (use a little more if you don"t like spinach)
1 tsp tarragon
InstructionsPuree the spinach, basil, tarragon, vinegar, capers, garlic and extra virgin olive oil in a blender. This is the Green Sauce.
Rub the mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and pepper1. Get the BGE up to 400*. I throw mesquite chips on the fire for this, but you might try any chips or wood chunks that go well with burgers or 'rooms.
2. Grill the mushrooms rib side down for four minutes.
3. Turn them over and spoon the green sauce over the portobellos while they are on the grill. Make a nice puddle just out to the mushroom's edge.
4. Add the goal cheese slices and put a bit more green sauce on top of the goat cheese.
5. Grill for four more minutes.
6. Check for doneness (fleshly texture, moist).
7. Remove from grill and let them cool.
8. Toast your hamburger buns. enjoy.
NotesNumber of Servings: Time to Prepare: