Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bourbon Chicken

Options
Zip
Zip Posts: 372
edited November -1 in Poultry

Ingredients

• &#189 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
• &#188  Cup Bourbon - I used Jim Beam
• 1 &#189 tsp Ginger Powder
• 1 Tbs Minced Garlic
• 1 &#189  Tbs Onion Powder
• 1 tsp Corriander Powder
• 3 Oz Pineapple Juice
• &#189  Cup Soy Sauce
• 1 &#189  lb Boneless Chicken Thighs

Instructions

Mix ingredients well and pour about half over the chicken pieces in a Ziplock bag. Actually use only enough to cover the parts and reserve the remaining marinade. Squeeze the air out and marinate in the icebox for several hours. The remaining marinade needs to be simmered for about 10 minutes and allowed to reduce by 1/3. It will be somewhat syrupy once reduced. I used the reduced sauce to baste the chicken while it cooked and then added a little more once it was done and cut up. I have some small squeeze bottles that I use to apply it while it was cooking as to not cross contaminate.

I used eight boneless thighs and let them soak for three hours. I cooked them direct at 350° - 375° turning frequently and basting with the leftover marinade. It guess it took about 20 minutes to cook 'em. I took them off when they were very brown and a little charred. Once off the egg, I put them in a pan and covered with tin foil and allowed to sit for about 10 minutes.

Notes

I then cut 'em up and drizzled a little more of the marinade over the strips and served over white rice. A little steamed cabbage and some Texas Pete or Franks hot sauce is nice too!
You can mix the reserved marinade with a little unsalted chicken broth is you need some gravy.
This recipe can be doubled and extra unused marinade can be stored in the icebox for a quick meal.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: