Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

D'man's Beef Jerkey

Options
D'man
D'man Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Beef

Ingredients

• 1 ½ - 5lb Top or Bottom Round, Flank Steak or London Broil.

Instructions

If you have a nice butcher, ask him (or her) to slice it thin (¼-3/16-inch thick, my butcher slices large, thin pieces!) If you slice it yourself, trim away all fat then partially freeze until firm. Then slice pieces of desired thickness (thicker pieces yield &#034meatier&#034 jerky.

Cover strips with &#034HI MOUNTAIN JERKY SEASONING&#034 (www.himtnjerky.com) following instructions and let cure for at lease 4 hours or over night. (I doctored up the seasoning with whatever I found in the cabinet! I also use fresh garlic.)

Cooking/smoking on a grid of some type yields the best results. I used an aluminum mesh that looked like a &#034gutter guard&#034.

Fire-up the Egg and let temp become steady at 200 - 250 degrees. Soaked wood chips really add flavor!

Smoke cured jerky at low and slow temp. After about 10-15 minutes, check and flip. Continue smoking for another 10+ minutes or so. Egg temp and meat thickness will greatly affect cooking times, as will your personal taste (meaty vs. drier).

Notes

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: